Monday, July 2, 2012

Sheltered Safe Within The Arms of God

We were at a church last night and the pastor and his wife sang this old song:

I feel the touch of hands so kind and tender, their leading me in paths that I must trod
I'll have no fear for Jesus walks beside, for I'm sheltered in the arms of God.

So let the storms rage high, the darks clouds rise, they don't worry me
For I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God.
He walks with me, and nought of earth shall harm me,
For I'm sheltered in the arms of God.

Soon I shall hear the call from heaven's portals, come home my child it's the last mile you must trod,
I'll fall asleep and wake in God's new heaven, sheltered safe within the arms of God.

Isn't it a wonderful thought to know that we can rest in the saftey and protection of God's loving arms. He will never leave us nor forsake us. No matter where we find ourselves, no matter the storms that are raging around us, no matter how dark the clouds may be, He is there. He will wrap us in His arms and keep us safe. Just as a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings, so does our heavenly Father. Quit running around everywhere afraid and searching for peace, run up under his wings and let him keep you safe. He is waiting for you to.