Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Search Me O God!

In Psalms 139 (which by the way is one of my favorite chapters) we read of God forming us in our mother's womb, His thoughts toward us, and how there is no place we can go that is away from His Spirit. But in the last few verses of that chapter it says: Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. I know it is our desire (most days) for God to search our hearts. Lord, shine your spotlight of love into my life and see if there is anything in there that is not pleasing to you. Try me (and oh boy does He try me sometimes) and know my anxieties-WHAT you mean I may have anxieties? Yes, I find that I do have things that bother me at times that should not. I have to give those things to God. Then there is the next part that says to see if there is any wicked way in me. Wicked way! Not in me, I am a Christian, I am a ministers wife, I have been in church all of my life and surely this is not a wicked way in me. But you know what? I found some myself when I allowed God to search me and reveal them to me. I know now you want to know the juicy of how wicked I am. Well, the Bible says to confess your faults one to another so you go first! No, it is not big wicked things, but I find little things judgements, thoughts, attitudes, feelings, doubt, unbelief, fear, lack of control, and such things that become wicked in me. ANything that takes up space that God's spirit could be filling. Then it says to lead me in the way everlasting--Oh, God, lead me today and all my tomorrows. Lead me in the way I should go because you said you have a plan and purpose for my life. Lead me in that plan, don't let me stray. Don't let the wicked things cause me to detour from the path you have planned for me. For everlasting, God, until I stand face to face before you, Lead me.