Friday, September 7, 2012

Remember Me

I am so excited! We just finished our retreat for our Minister's wives. What an awesome time we had together. On Saturday, our last day together, we had communion and did the Breaking of the Bread ceremony. What a sweet visitation from God that we experienced. In doing the communion we read the scripture from I Corinthians 11 where Jesus tells them that each time they partake of the bread and wine to do it in remembrance of Him. Remember Me! What powerful words!

God brought those words to my mind several years ago. I received a call from a dear friend of our family, Bro. A. M. Russ. He called to tell me he had something for me and the next time I was in town to come by and get it. We didn't get a chance to go back to Pace for some time and I had forgotten about it. Then later that year, on my birthday, a package came for me in the mail from Bro. Russ. I had gotten so busy during that time that my personal time with God was lacking. The package contained a frame with two words written in calligraphy--REMEMBER ME! God knew I didn't need that saying earlier that year when it was ready, but I needed it at that time, when I was ready. Those words so moved me. I had a doctor's appointment and I cried and prayed all the way to Dothan to the Dr.

When I got to the doctor, the nurse met me and began to talk to me and was sharing some of her problems with me. When I started to leave that day the Holy Spirit quickened me to share with her what He had spoken to me that day. I went back and asked to see her and shared with her the REMEMBER ME words from God. Remember him when we get so busy He is waiting for us to spend time with him, Remember Him when we try to handle situations on our own, Remember Him when our burdens get too great, Remember Him when we are sick or whatever the need may be. He wants to be remembered and He wants us to remember we can go to Him with ALL of our needs.

Why does He want us to REMEMBER HIM? Because He remembers us. He loves us. He cares for us and wants to be in our thoughts each and every day. My challenge to you today is to REMEMBER GOD!!