Saturday, July 28, 2012

Have A Dove Chocolate!

How long has it been since you ate something like a piece of Dove chocolate? Something you can put in your mouth and savor. Enjoy the flavor of it! Relish in how it makes you feel! Oh, don't forget to read the inside of the wrapper. It is amazing how that chocolate makes us feel and how long that feeling and flavor lasts. In doing the Sister 2 Sister tour I have shared this in part of my devotion, but it keeps going over and over in my mind and so I want to share it with you. We do the same thing in the spiritual. We get something in our spirit or our mind, and we savor it. This can be good or bad. We can get a thought in us of a blessing or a miracle or something good going on and we can just bask in that and rejoice in that for such a long time. It is wonderful! I am just praising Jesus right now for all that He is doing in our family and the way He orders our steps and blesses us. But this savoring can also be a bad thing. We can get a bad thought, feeling, hurt, unforgiveness, bitterness, jealousy, gossip, rumors, worries, etc. in our minds and our spirits and we can savor that. We constantly think about it, we constantly roll it over in our minds and spirits to the place that it consumes us. These things can affect us so bad, they can begin to affect how we see other people, we judge them because of something bad in our lives. What do you think and talk about all the time? That is what you are savoring. Are you constantly thinking about what you don't have and what God hasn't done in your life, but he is doing for someone else? That is what you are savoring and that is what will consume you and begin to affect how you act and react. Or are you thankful for what God is doing in your life and rejoicing in what He is doing in other people's lives as well. Be careful, because what you savor the most is what is on your breath. I like to savor my coffee in the mornings. I like the flavor in my mouth and don't want to have to rush and go brush my teeth. (Don't worry I brush my teeth before I go out). Aaron, my son, used to say he loved when I woke him up for school because he could smell coffee on my breath. Whatever you have been savoring in your spirit is what is going to come out of your mouth and those around you will be affected by it. Lord, help us to savor the word, savor those blessings and what you are doing in and around us. Let other people get a whiff of what we are savoring and let it make them hungry for you.